The MAS Skills Improvement Project is supported by a MAS Foundation Grant. You are entitled to access up to three modules per project. These modules will be delivered to your team by an experienced manufacturing specialist. Each day of training can be carried out with up to 12 members of staff.
Workshops can be delivered on site or off site. MAS will discuss the options available to you. All off-site venue charges must be paid by the client.
- Affordable training that will address your business needs
- Motivated staff that are better equipped to support your strategic business ambitions
- Develop a team based approach to continuous improvement by learning various skills and techniques
- MAS can help you fund up to 50%* of the cost towards your Skills Improvment Project.
- MAS funding is quick and straight forward to access with only a single form to complete.
- Your MAS advisor will be happy to help you complete the paperwork.
Cost per module: £600**
Grant per module: £300
* Funding available for manufacturing SMEs only. Restrictions may apply. For further details, speak to your MAS advisor
** Costs do not include expenses and venue charges if training is held off-site
Lean Awareness Module
To provide your team with a comprehensive understanding of Lean Principles, how waste reduction will improve business performance, an understanding of Kaizen and how it can be utilised to ensure successful results.
- Create a more efficient working environment
- Reduce your work in progress
- Improve productivity
- Reduce your floorspace requirements
- Motivate each other and work as a team
- Identify, implement and maintain continuous improvement opportunities
Quality, Cost & Delivery (QCD) Module
To help your team understand the purpose of measurement and what should be measured, ensuring methods of collection and analysing data is linked to the improvement process. Delegates will also learn the 7 QCD measures of competitiveness and how to analyse data using a structured approach.
- Implement a structure for continuous improvement
- Introduce QCD measures to raise levels of customer satisfaction
- Measure QCD which also delivers: clarity, simplicity, feedback and benchmarking
- Provide an analysis of performance
Improving Layouts & 5S Module
To give your team an understanding of Lean Principles and how 5S can improve your business performance.
- Create a more efficient and safer working environment
- Improve product quality
- Increase capacity
- Reduce costs and lead times
- Introduce standard operating procedures and visual controls
To help your senior managers develop the ability to cope with implementing change in the workplace. Based on modern and proven theories each delegate will learn the tools and techniques to lead change by communicating and creating a positive attitude, managing peoples’ reactions to change, motivating people in times of change, building effective teams, confronting resistance and dealing with difficult situations.
- Build confidence to enable your team to respond positively to the initiatives of senior management
To give your team an understanding of problem solving tools and techniques which leverage the combined knowledge, experience and judgement of a team resulting in faster and better decisions. This workshop is suitable for those responsible for leading teams to resolve problems.
- Help improve your team’s approach to problem solving
- Achieve a stronger team dynamic to help identify root causes using problem solving techniques
- Prevent jumping to conclusions which often compounds or expands the problem
- Encourage the concept of viewing problems as opportunities
To understand how teams develop and how to lead teams effectively. Team Leaders need to understand how effective teams operate with greater awareness of self and others appreciating the differences in preferences, drives and styles and where to focus priorities.
- Adapt a style of leadership that achieves the best performance from the team
- Understand the skills needed to lead the team throughout its stages of development